1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many of you guy's have websites?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Feb 19, 2001.

1. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

2. motivated1

motivated1 LawnSite Member

3. NewOrleans

NewOrleans LawnSite Member

Our site is not ready yet but I would think one like Gusbuster's would get the job done.
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

5. DaveK

DaveK LawnSite Member

Quotes from Grassmaster:
    I think you are confusing websites that are an extension to an existing company to websites that exist simply to generate income from the website alone.

The websites that are being discussed here are a form of promotional material or advertisements. Why would they need "reasons for them to come back again & again"?

That would be like expecting people to record a TV commercial on the VCR and watch it every single day.

The last paragraph in the quote above means nothing to any member of this forum. Unless of course the owner of eBay.com is a member here.

I wish you much luck in your new venture, but 'till you understand the difference between Amazon.com and Town Pride Lawn Service, you are going to have an uphill battle. I have a mental image of you walking up a down escalator. :D
  6. BillG

BillG LawnSite Member
    from Enfield

The good thing about a website is you can always tell someone to check out your site when they get time. How many times have you been somewhere and someone asked for a card but you just did not have one with you.
  7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Funny this is back up, I have had 2 calls this week from people that found my site and wanted my service, once again yes,,a site pays!
  8. Are web sites worth it??

2001 cost
    Microsoft front page 2000(i think I paid around this price) $150.00
    registration of domain cost $75 for 3 years.
    Hosting $9.95\month $120

About 15 hours putting together my site: $600
    total close to $1000

Business generated from site in 2001 (gross landscaping and maintenance accounts) $9,000

Sometimes I think I'm the only one in my area with a web presense.

9. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

I put my spot in my potential customers shoes.. I think where I'd best utilize a website is from other advertising... Especially trailer and truck signs!!! Nothing like seeing those big mowers on a fancy rig and a website to perk a persons intersest. Furthermore, when handing out cards, etc.. mention that you have picutres on-line... I think it could be real decider on if you get the account somtimes..

I don't have a site currently because I'm tryint to get better pics, but once I do have my site, I'm sure to get the signs and advertising to utilize it!! I can guarentee you nobody in my towns gonna do a search for lawncare company's locally... If they did, I'd be the only site!!
  10. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We can generate a modest amount of business from web-site.
    On our flyers and yellow page add shows the web address so our customers or should we say Potential customers can see our work our credentials and more.