1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. MooseMan89

MooseMan89 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, it's great to be back on this site.. I hope everyone has had a great winter.
    Anyway, I was wondering how many of you keep a gun in the truck or on you when you work? If so, what do you keep?
    I ask this because I know in my area, most owner operator landscapers keep some sort of gun on them. There have been a good amount of landscape truck jacking, as well as equipment theft/robbery.
    I personally keep a .40 cal Glock on me.. But in the summer time, it's hard to conceal it because I wear thinner clothing.. But in the fall/winter, it wear a sweater and it's easier.. This summer, I plan on keeping my AK and the truck and no pistol..

What are your views on this? What do you carry? What are you experiences with this?
  2. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a "concealed carry" thread on here somewhere. I have one commercial account in a rough part of town and I'm definitely packing the Kahr CW9 when I go there. Very small and easily concealed.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Always have my Glock 27 .40cal in the truck. I carry 75% of the time. ALWAYS have a atleast one knife on me.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I carry a Sig P229 .357 when I can. Its always in the truck when I cant.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Holleywood

Holleywood LawnSite Member

I carry my s and w body guard 380 at all times
  6. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd no more leave my Glock in the truck than my boots. If you need your gun, are you going to ask for a time out? By the time I get to my truck, I plan to be done with the gun and making an exit. Btw, I also leave a spare mag in the door of every vehicle I drive. First mag has to get you to the truck. During leaf season, it gets field stripped pretty much daily due to leaf debris. A good holster and the right pants make it easy to conceal any time of year.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i don't carry a gun. i have a hunting knife in my truck as well as a mini sledgehammer lol.
  8. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

Just remember, those dont do much good in a gunfight lol
  9. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

I carry a glock model 22 40. cal. There are some concealment holsters out there that tuck inside that waist band. Raven makes a nice one. No matter what you do or carry it is going to "print" somewhat.....
  10. Mayor of Mow Town

Mayor of Mow Town LawnSite Member

I'm from Australia, so the views on guns are far different here.

Can you please help me understand...are the guns for personal protection or property protection?