1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

You can put him on your ignore list , then the only time you'll see his posts is if somebody quotes him.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. hav0k

hav0k LawnSite Member

:eek: You too?!

I carry a Nerf axe.

3. dave_14385

dave_14385 LawnSite Senior Member

For me, no need to. I work in a high end area, the law states you must have a min of 5 acre lots with some wooded areas. garages and homes are open most of the day. Just Lucky I guess to have these kind jobs.

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I would never push my beliefs on others and make them carry. But people like topsites(herler) have no problem pushing thier BS on all others as the only and right way to live.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Exactly right bro, and I totally agree.

That's the biggest difference between liberal and conservative thinking. Conservative thinkers believe they have the right to live their life as they see fit within the law, and that everyone else does too. Liberal thinkers (is that an oxymoron?) think everyone must live according to their beliefs regardless whether they agree with it or not.

6. dave_14385

100% well put, so true, Thank you.

7. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member

Here's some reading material for you:

The recent report from ABC News that in Florida, where there are more concealed weapons permits than anywhere else in the country, violent crime has dropped to the lowest point in history, delighted Sean Caranna, executive director of Florida Carry, Inc. “We’re happy to have facts and statistics put into these debates, because every time they do, we win,” he said.

Firearm-related violent crimes in Florida have dropped by one-third in just four years, 2007 to 2011, while concealed carry permits jumped by 90 percent in that period. Further, violent crime of any kind dropped almost as much, 26 percent.

There were naysayers, but their voices are becoming muted as more and more states have adopted “shall-issue” carry laws and have seen their own crime rates drop as well.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...concealed-carry-permits-up-violent-crime-down

8. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

Won't do no good. Liberal gun haters are confused by facts.....

9. dave_14385

10. dave_14385

I do have some liberal friends that seem to only think there is only one way in life. there way. So I can not bring up some things. Or I will not hear the end of it. But for the most part we get along.