How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Before you go any farther in making yourself look like a dunce........... you need to STOP posting and educate yourself on some facts, rather than the mindless drivel the left wing vomits out of their mouths and their south ends.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong with this statement.

2. dave_14385

dave_14385 LawnSite Senior Member

Herler, I mean no disrespect to you, but the statement you make regarding your opinion is flawed. A gun in the correct hands could someday save you or your family in the time of need.

In my town the County Sheriff has stated, if you call 911 we may not get there in time, in that case you need to be ready to use your fire arm.
    So then... Herler it is my DUTY protect my loved ones.

Amen.

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

But if each can get one shot off at the same time, can you imagine the wound comparison?

One guy / gal has a projectile cavity and the other has a a crater in their skull or something.

Sort of like penetration vs. devastation - lol

:)

4. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Two years ago, I lost a complete truck with equipment (Isuzu NPR carrying two 46" Exmark Lazers, a 36" Turf Tracer, and a Honda Commercial push mower, plus a full complement of Stihl equipment and all the other tools, equipment and paraphernalia that goes on a lawn truck) when a black guy with a semi auto pistol walked up to my guys just after they pulled up to a property and demanded the keys to the truck. They had no choice but to hand over the keys (plus their wallets). The police arrived 35 minutes later and made a report while not offering much hope and showing no enthusiasm for chasing down the bad guy. That truck and all of that equipment was never seen again. And btw, it wasn't a bad neighborhood.

I don't get out on a truck much anymore, but I carry a concealed Glock 32 (357 Sig) when I do.

5. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Don't carry, but thinking about it very seriously. Not the spring chicken I used to be.

6. dave_14385

dave_14385 LawnSite Senior Member

Your signature is 100% by me.

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

It good with me too.:)

8. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

Oasis Lawn care, landscaping and security.

wife wont let me have a gun anyway

9. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Sing it brother. At best it might be more accessible if you are approached while in the truck. More likely, your going to have to ask the nice man threatening you to "wait a minute", "let me get my gun". Maybe you could deter him with a trimmer?

IWB or ankle holster. I like to hang my truck keys from a carabiner on a belt loop near my CCW. Therefore accessing my keys gives me acces to clear my shirt for a draw too. Toss keys with left, leaves right hand ready.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Since "A gun" is out, seek permission for "guns" :laugh:

Yeah, that aint flying here! Besides mine owns too. Plural.