1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

My wife grew up in Edwardsville IL, so we are in the area during visits, I have been through East St. Louis. Your not kidding!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

;) actually I won't work in E. St Louis anymore. No CC there. Just too dangerous a place.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. show-n-go

show-n-go LawnSite Member

I carry a s&w bodyguard .380 everywhere i go. if i stumble on a gun free zone i leave it in my vehicle. The population of people against guns needs to have their head checked. With the crazy world we live in every law abiding person should have some form of protection.
  4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know what region and neighborhood everyone is mowing in, but if I have to post an armed guard to cut a 40 dollar account, I'm probably gonna rethink my business model.
  5. HRidgeLandscapes

HRidgeLandscapes LawnSite Member

Im with groomer on this one. If you have to worry about being shot or robbed while mowing i think id find some different accounts.
  6. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

You better believe I carry a gun. I keep it under the console on my benchseat. Also have a baseball bat.

But you gotta remember if a cop pulls you over just pull it out and put it somewhere clearly visible, and when the officer walks up, make sure you establish right away that you have a gun in the truck. They'll bust your ass about that if you dont.
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i just don't see the point of someone holding me at gunpoint to steal a trimmer or a blower or something? is that really worth going to prison for?

i'd let them take whatever they wanted but i would track them down. if i had to i'd run over them with my truck while they were riding away on my mower.

if they are gonna shoot me over a lawnmower then i think i'd be better off dead than living with people like that around.

what's next? they gonna shoot you for a $1 bill? i mean come on man. get a life.

people that steal do it when you aren't around for the most part. they don't go looking for a confrontation.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

if you did have a gun and shot someone to protect yourself they would find a way to put you in prison for life. this country is pathetic these days.
  9. CutterCutter

CutterCutter LawnSite Member
    from WV

My wife and I both carry concealed 24/7 and I keep another gun in my truck at all times.

I have two daughters. One daughter and her husband carry concealed all the time. My other daughter and her husband just completed their concealed carry class and are trying to decide which handguns they are going to carry. I have a son who doesn't carry and has no interest in firearms.

For myself, I carry because it's about the only chance you have of saving your life if attacked. I'm also a strong advocate of personal liberties and supporting the 2nd amendment is one way of taking a stand against an overreaching federal government.
  10. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Edit: your right. Most thieves are sneaky low life's that avoid confrontation. Then there are the opportunist that happen upon some unsuspecting hard working contractor. Even working in "good neighborhoods" in the city presents potential for confrontation.

Keep your head buried. My eyes are wide open. Also see the story about the former Gov of Mo getting robbed by a man with a gas can.
    Posted via Mobile Device