How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

My wife read a record of a 911 call to me. a lady called because a guy had a gun. the dispatcher asked a series of questions, is it holstered, is he aiming it, is he acting strange, is he acting suspicious. those questions. she responded "he's looking at strawberries" (or some other food). they informed the lady to call back if he does anything suspicious. the police were never sent out.

This is what i want to see happen. This is what will teach the population that people with guns are good guys

2. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

While I agree with the sentiment. I think your out in left field. Causing a scene with a side arm at its center will not help bolster your case.

3. birddseedd

I do agree that this specific situation was not the best. but all i could do was remain calm and walk off to the side. but this is not the norm. most of the time the most you will get is a few questions from another citizen. which has happoned to me a few times. Those are the times that help. but certainly leaving my gun at home and putting my family in what i think is some level of danger or another is not the answer.

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Your right sorry about the misquote

5. birddseedd

apparently my wifes mother is part of the 10 percent also. thus why my family is in detorit without me.

6. birddseedd

long story short. i'v been ex communicated from my church for having a pistol

7. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member

There is obviously more to the story. What specifically happened that caused them to terminate your membership????

8. birddseedd

I open carry. His basis on his action was that i was being rebellious when i would not sell the gun or give it to him.

can you recommend a conceal holster that will not allow me to accidently release the mag?

9. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

You DID NOT need them. What a petty and completely irrational thing to whack some body for!

10. birddseedd

Yep. but it really hurts my wife.