1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

A church that has that much power over a person......... well lets just say that is not a church that I'll ever go to!

I grew up in a religious cult.

Never again.

2. dullblades

dullblades LawnSite Member

count me in as one of the guys carrying 100% of the time. got some crazy stories as to why I made the decision to carry. keep in mind, the liability of pulling out the gun puts in the hot seat, with the chances of going to jail for a long time. in LA, open carry is allowed, though I don't know why you would, I wouldn't want that kind of attention. got plans for a crossbreed supertuk for my kahr PM9 and my glock 19.

I look at it like a seatbelt. I don't plan on getting in a wreck, but I still wear my seatbelt when I get in the truck. its that simple. it does not give me confidence, just comfort, like a seatbelt. i hope to God i never need it, and i'd be just fine blowing the dirt and dust out of it and never needing it.

3. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

I really like that.

I open carry because it gives me the opportunty to expose people to responsible gun owners and gives me the opportunity to teach people about their rights (i do not start with the 2nd ammendment when i do)

When i'm in large gorups, or learn that someone is affraid, i do cover up my gun.

4. BPS##

from WY

You will like your crossbreed. Don't delay on ordering it, they are back ordered for some thing like 2 months.
    I ordered mine 7/4 and got it 9/11.

holster.jpg

5. birddseedd

1911's look nice. i wouldnt mind having one.

how can i keep from pushing the eject button while working?

6. BPS##

from WY

Thanks, Its never been a problem for me.

7. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member

8. birddseedd

That holster looks nice if you take the gun out of your holster whenver you get in the truck. but i get paranoid when i leave my gun in the truck without a safe.

i do not like the idea of going off somewhere and having the gun in a vehicle. to me that seems akin to having your seat belt taken off and sitting in the back seat. God forbid if you need it, you cant exactly run back to your truck to get it. and, if you do. i kinda think driving away from teh danger would be the safest thing, not walking back into it.

I know there are cases where people have felt the responsibility to go back into a dangerous situation in order to stop an attacker. I do not know if that is me or not. If i get shot tryign to safe others, who will take care of my family? i need insurance before i can get shot

9. BPS##

from WY

As a recent witness to domestic violence (neighbor on neighbors) you can rest assured the threat comes quickly.
    Had the woman continued to be beaten or the male looked like he was in imminent danger of death I'd have stepped in.
    As it was I didn't get involved other than to provide the 5 0 with my account of what happened.
    Which was a lot different than what the clown that started the whole thing told them happened.

10. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

Sounds like you need a new church. My pastor of a small country Lutheran church packs heat! He also preaches in blue jeans and a button down shirt and don't question you if you miss a few weeks or months in my case........