1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Where did you obtain your knowledge of the legal system and firearms ownership in America, TV shows and movies?

Do you even realize that most States here in America are still free States where the citizens are not required to "register" their firearms with the government like the Nazis made everyone do shortly before they began confiscating everyone's firearms so that they didn't have an adequate means of defend themselves when people were being dragged off to death camps?

That is a false statement which proves your ignorance on the subject of self-defense shootings. Many self-defense shootings do not result in any criminal charges against the victims who used their firearms to defend themselves against the bad guys. Many people, especially those of us who have accurate knowledge about self-defense shootings still recognize who the victim is in those self-defense shootings…hint, most of the times the victim is not the guy who gets shot…the guy who gets shot is usually referred to as the attacker or the aggressor or the bad guy or the criminal or some other appropriate title.

If you give a law abiding concealed carry holder a justifiable reason to use their firearm, chances are pretty good that you are the one who is in the wrong. Concealed carry license/permit holders commit much less crime than other segments of the population or the population in general. In Texas, 2 tenths of 1% (a statistical zero) of concealed carry license holders commit crimes.

Go right ahead and call the police on the law abiding citizens acting 100% legally…in many areas, your misuse of the 911 system to report non emergencies in some type of cruel misguided attempt to get police involved in the lives of upstanding citizens who are only engaged in 100% legal activity is considered a crime. Your misuse of the 911 system does more harm than good. Your misuse of the 911 system will result in police resources and 911 operators being unavailable to actual emergencies in the communities they serve and protect. While you are playing your childish little game of trying to get gun owners in trouble with the law by call 911 to report on a citizen freely exercising his 2nd amendment rights, someone who actually needs emergency assistance may not receive the help they so desperately need. Your childish actions are irresponsible and could result in someone losing their life.

A firearm is not a "weapon" until it get used as a "weapon". You are clearly ill-informed on this subject.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
  2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know why people always use that quote. its only used as an insult, not advice. I disagree on one thing, unless you are hammering in nails, your gun is a weapon, used or not.
  3. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

Using that logic, your hammer is also a weapon "used or not."
  4. birddseedd

Not really, I bought a hammer to pound in nails. I bought a gun to kill.
  5. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

You're doing wonders to help promote the right to bear arms. The rest of us will stand by simple self defense and the 2nd amendment as the reasons we bought guns.
  6. birddseedd

What is the end result of the 2nd amendment and self defense? George Washington did not use "self defense" against the British. He shot them.

It is what it is.
  7. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

I bought tools that could be used to kill.

Hammer - can drives nails, could crushes skulls
    Screwdriver - can drive screws, could puncture a heart
    Axe - can chop wood, could chop a neck
    Bat - can hit a ball, could hit a skull
    Knife - can cut open a box, could cut open an artery
    Firearm - can put holes in paper targets, could put holes in lots of other things
  8. birddseedd

a few key words here

"could be used to kill"
    "I bought a gun to kill"

There is an obvious difference here. I know that you understand it, if you continue, its evidently clear that you are wanting no more than to argue Symantec. while i would usually enjoying the conversation, atm i'm more interested in sleeping.
  9. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

George Washington fought to earn liberty and freedom. The 2nd amendment was written so that we would always be capable of protecting our liberty and freedom.
  10. birddseedd

the problem with it, the politicians have used the media to sensitize everyone to guns, are there enough people willing to fight that fight again?