How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

One of the things people need to consider when arguing gun controll with most people is that the majority of the population doesn't have an appropriate mindset for survival. Some of them can be reasoned with but most can not, most people can not accept that their safety is their own responsibility, not someone else's. We have created a society that caters to the weak. I don't argue gun controll with anybody, if you don't get it you don't get it and I don't really care, maybe you'll become a victim, probably not, but either way I don't really care as what happens to yourself and your family because of your own misguided beliefs doesn't affect me or my family.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Listen, you said "I bought a gun to kill" and I'm saying...unless of course you are admitting to premeditated murder...that you bought a gun so that you COULD use that gun to kill if a situation presents itself where you need to kill someone or something.

At the moment you bought your gun, did you have an immediate need to kill someone or something? If "no", then you bought that gun so that you would have a gun available to you that you COULD use to kill someone or something if the need to kill were to present itself.

Now, to answer your question:

You are going from your intent at the moment you purchased your gun (your statement "I bought a gun to kill") directly to what my intent would be with a firearm in my possession while I was faced with an immediate threat of loss of life. Those two situations do not even compare and only strengthens my argument. Thank you for finally understanding what I have been writing.

So to answer your question, if I were to get to the point where a criminal forced me to be in a life or death situation and I had a loaded firearm my intentions would be to use any means necessary to put a stop to any threat to my life or my family's lives. If I had used that firearm to kill, I would then be thankful that I had purchased that firearm so that it was available to me during this attack so that I COULD use it to kill the criminal who was at that moment attempting to murder me and/or my family.

3. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

I truthfully cannot understand why a debate on this thread or gun control is even going on.
    1) it is our right under our constitution.

Enough said.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

And it has nothing to do with business management. This thread belongs under the Pesticide forum.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Judo

Judo LawnSite Member

Well said.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

I guess the reason that I am ignoring you point is that I get defensive when people insinuate that I bought a firearm for murder. Its preposterous. Iv never been vibrant against another human being even when I had reason to. From my perspective it is absurd and illogical to purchase a firearm for that kind of reason, so when someone says something that illogical I guess I don't know how to respond. As the other guy said, you can't make sense out of an illogical statement. But you are correct on intent being the determining factor on someone's character

And then you have piers Morgan, an internet troll who makes his living being anti gun

Because conversation is enjoyable. And goodness knows my family won't be rational about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

I would if I could.. gotta love California.... it was 70F this weekend. :)

8. TTM42

TTM42 LawnSite Member

You sir are a bona-fide, card carrying idiot.

9. TTM42

TTM42 LawnSite Member

That was directed to herler, I dont know why it didnt reply under his idiotic message

10. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

There is no need for name calling.

If you disagree with someone, state your opposition without launching personal attacks at the individual whose opinion differs from yours.