How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

What???????????

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

auto correct fail

3. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

No, sometimes it is in my pocket while I'm mowing.:laugh:

4. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I always carry my kimber 1911. Some people call me crazy, but I always feel safe.

5. freebe

freebe LawnSite Member

I carry a 5 shot soft ball nurf gun. Good for 20 feet.

It is great to live in Canada:canadaflag:

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Having grown up in Buffalo and a frequent visitor of Niagara and Fort Erie, please refresh my memory why this is so? I have many Canadian friends that own firearms.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

So it is AS necessary to bring a loaded weapon onto an unsuspecting paying clients property, just as it is to drive a car in order to get to your home? Okay, you DO make sense.

8. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

I would not say that it is "unsuspecting". There are a lot more people that carry weapons than what anyone thinks, its just popular (or in some cases law) to hide the gun. Its not my argument to say that carrying a gun with you is necessary, my argument is that the law abiding citizens carrying a gun within the law, are the same individuals that would use their gun to PROTECT children.

9. TTM42

TTM42 LawnSite Member

Like the old saying goes, you cant fix stupid.

10. Mud23609

Mud23609 LawnSite Member

Have to say I am with bird on this one. Unless I enter a property that through ordnance or posting is off limits to firearms I carry virtually all the time. Truth be told, its not about my stuff getting stolen. That's what I have insurance for. Its not even so much about my own protection. I am a big guy and not the typical mark for somebody to attack to try and rob.

I carry for the simple reason that some day that firearm might be the difference in an innocent going home to there family unharmed or being hurt, killed or even raped. If I was ever in a situation where I could have prevented something had I been armed but was not I don't know that I could live with that.

I don't carry for me. I carry for my girlfriend and her daughter. For people like your grandma and grandpa, your sister, or wife, or yes even your daughter.

Now I pray the day I have to draw my weapon never comes, but if it should I will be prepared. The bad guys are always going to have weapons. The good guys should as well. Remember when seconds count. The police are only minutes away.