How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i never said give up your gun. where did you get that idea? if you wanna carry a gun that's fine. it's your choice. i'm just pointing out that just because you do that it doesn't mean it's gonna keep anything from happening to you or other people. in some cases it will but in many others it wouldn't make a difference at all.

i own 20 guns myself.

2. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Useless as teats on a boar hawg unless your packing em.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Edit: I hate auto correct;)

3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

not really. i just use them for what they are made for. hunting

if someone breaks in my house yeah i'm gonna shoot them. that is perfectly legal and no risk of going to prison.

you shoot someone for stealing your mower on the street you will go to prison for life.

4. GrassGuerilla

We're going in circles. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. branchoutshrub

branchoutshrub LawnSite Member

We don't carry firearms. Hopefully we never need to!

6. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, if someone steals my mower on the street, rides and puts it on their trailer, I'm going to follow them, and call the cops while i follow them, and have them come and arrest his ass.

If some one tries to car jack me with a weapon, Ill pull out mine, and give him a warning then shoot him. He was threatening my life with a weapon, I shot him in self defense, theres no way I would go to prison, especially on a busy street with 20 or more witnesses.

If he happens to steal my truck and trailer, which is unlikely because I lock my doors, hed have to bust out the window. But anyways, I have all my equipments information, serial numbers, reciepts, and what have you, and I also mark all my stuff in a "hidden" place only I would know about. Id give the police my tag number for my truck and trailer, then it probably wouldnt be too hard to find. Then if they dont find it, thats where insurance comes in.

Thats all the hypotheticals I can think of.

7. which one of you cut herler's lawn???!!! He's a dim witted democrap oops, i mean democrat who wishes to live behind his window shades in his suburban gated community and who wants to oppress everyones legal rights which he doesn't agree with. Just like our community organizer mr. Obama and his incapable cronies. Hey herler, call the cops on me!! I have lots of weapons.....weedeaters, pliers, hammers, rakes, shovels, pruners, sling blades, rocks, poison ivy, knives, guns, etc. We are within your eye sight every day, jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed ^

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

9. GrassGuerilla

Thanks Volz. Been chuckling about the visual of using poison ivy as a weapon. Lol. Give me your truck or ill make you real itchy!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. BladeGunner

BladeGunner LawnSite Member

I carry a 12 gauge in the truck, and if I'm in a bad neighborhood I usually have a pistol on me, but I always carry a knife in my pocket at all times. The knife also comes handy for unscrewing broken sprinkler pipes.