How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I am all for it but I just can't... My genetic makeup has me sweating 3 gallons for every 2 gallons I drink... I have stainless pieces, but not willing to deal with the comfort issues. I don't feel vulnerable.

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

how does keeping one in your glove box make you uncomfortable. having it on your person sure. I use a money clip instead of a wallet because its uncomfortable, but keeping a womans purse in my glove box doesnt make me uncomfortable.

3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Never had a need for a gun. Been in more fights (lost most of em) than I care to remember. But, you guys make it sound like roving gangs of thugs are looking for landscaping equipment on every corner. Somebody wants my stuff, I will gladly give them with my wallet. I have insurance.
    Also, for the guys out in deep wilderness with animals that can kill you, that might be a different story

4. birddseedd

it's not about protecting our stuff, I carry cash just so I have something to give if I do get robbed. it's about protecting ourselves and our family. sometimes robbers stab first and rob later. sometimes they rob you, and then try to kill you so there is no witness to their crime
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, for me, it is about both.

Insurance isn't going to replace my truck and plow at 3 AM. Or 12 PM for that matter.

6. birddseedd

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't kill someone over a Ford
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. IES

IES LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately most criminals don't think that way, they are just looking for an easy score. I've seen a huge uptick in theft and robbery. My dealer lost 6 mowers a couple weeks ago. I have to agree with Mark I'm not going to wait to find out just how much insurance will cover vs how much I'll be out. Given the chance I will try to stop bad guy and let chips fall where they may. It's my lively hood that is being messed with, my pursuit of happiness, life and liberty. If criminals thought there was a chance of being hurt or killed I'm sure it would keep some at home watching cartoons. But society today doesn't see theft as a serious crime so there is barely a slap on wrist. Crime pays or they wouldn't do it
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. birddseedd

A trimmer is an easy score, a truck is not. And if someone is willing to kill you gor your truck, then this whole discussion ours a moot point as you are no longer fighting for your truck, but for your life.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

All falls back to the saying I'm not expecting a wreck or a fire but I carry an extinguisher and wear my seat belt. I hope to god my gun never leaves the holster but push comes to shove and some crack head starts shooting Ill be glad to have it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. birddseedd

Would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it

now if I could just stop texting while I Drive
    Posted via Mobile Device