How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

That has to be one of the stupidest statement I have yet to see on this site falls in with PPL's stupid postings.

Especially coming from Georgia who has the best laws around now.

Must be some left winger weirdo :laugh:

Today is the fourth and that statement is ******ed, I will open carry today FREEDOM

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

Big thumbs up
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Fresh_Cut

Fresh_Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Not left wing at all. I just know I don't "need" a gun. My wits are enough.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. birddseedd

Needing a gun is a personal choice. But sometimes witt is not enough. Sometimes trouble comes lookng for you
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Right. I don't feel vulnerable and don't carry at work. I do, however, have my ccw and I'm well trained. I never feel vulnerable because I have skills to avoid confrontation, but sometimes when I'm in higher risk areas I prefer to supplement my wit with a fire extinguisher should there ever be a fire. Never feel vulnerable, sometimes I carry some times I don't. My choice.

Confused. Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote.

6. birddseedd

Criminals do not change their behaviors based on their potential victims "feelings"
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. getdown

from Florida

I not worried about criminals.

8. getdown

from Florida

I don't need one in my glove box. I cant reach my glove box from where I drive... My employee can. You're very confrontational for no reason birdseed. I'm not raining on your parade. I'm an avid gun owner and have my ccw. I just rarely carry. Its uncomfortable and don't want to...and its a free country. I think you're more invested in this conversation than I am so I'm going to amicably clock out on this one. I still pity anybody who should try to break into my castle.

9. getdown

from Florida

I'm just saying that I made a very bland original comment (I don't carry because I sweat a lot and it's uncomfortable and not worth it to me...I don't feel vulnerable)...fresh-cut sort of took a line from me out of context that angered the pro gun guys and I somehow became thrown in as being against guns which I'm not...I just chose not to carry daily because I work in gated golf communities...I only made a mundane comment and have zero interest in arguing politics. I'm 100% for gun rights and would carry under different circumstances. Don't know why my line was twisted ('I don't feel vulnerable') or how that got me in the middle of this...review my original comment before I had to "defend" myself lol.

10. getdown

from Florida

Haha agreed I have insurance. Although it would probably never get that far...most likely person in the neighborhoods I work in would be a teenager and they would probably get scared if I yelled at them and would go running...not violent offenders, just kids being dumb. If they escalated anything they could just have it mad that's what insurance is for...I think the mindset is different for people in more dangerous areas or people who just want to imagine they are a cowboy. Too much John Wayne on the weekends...I'm a gun guy...but I'm not obsessed. There's definitely a difference between the ordinary gun rights advocate and the gung-ho internet fanatics that might be a little too into guns and the "lifestyle". I like cars too but it's luckily not a political topic and there aren't many car evangelists.