How many of you keep a firearm in the truck or on you?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MooseMan89, Feb 26, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

Im sorry that I came off that way, it was not my intent. I am very logic and statistic driven. What I am not is good at conveying my thoughts well. I never took your statements to be "anti gun". I did make a statement that was an attempt to support your decision, stating that carrying was an individual choice

Statistically, you are most likely to be attacked in your own home.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Fresh_Cut

Fresh_Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I understood. I was in agreement and expounded on why I was in agreement.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Fresh_Cut

Fresh_Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't twist your statement, and I don't think I took it out of context; that wasn't my intention.

I simply thought you meant that you don't feel vulnerable enough to "need" a gun.

Also, for the record, I love guns ....rifles, carbines, shotguns (tactical), & handguns. I just know the difference between a "need" and a "want". I'd rather get my ass beat than kill a guy over some string trimmers.

Quick story: I was cutting solo yesterday and I get to the customer's street, on which an LCO friend also lives. Police everywhere, yellow tape everywhere, street blocked off, nobody getting through. Looks to be directly across from my buddy's house, so I call him. He's sitting in his truck opposite(facing) me at the same stop sign. He says someone got killed. Turns out that police shot and killed a neighborhood guy that's kinda "touched" in the head, 4x in the chest. They said the cop was throwing up all over the place like a garbage pail kid. Smh

Everybody likes to keep their gun close just in case ....until they have to sleep with a ghost.

Again, I love guns as much as anybody. But I contract with Blackwater, I cut grass.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Hey birdseed. Cool. Thank you for clarifying. I feel better now. I definitely wasn't looking to start anything. I appreciate it.

5. getdown

from Florida

Hey fresh cut. Thanks for explaining. I think maybe you looked too much into my statement...or the words themself. I don't think people who feel nervous and like they "need" a gun should be handling guns...I just meant that I don't think I need one. If I I felt I "needed" one, I would equip myself with other skills first so I wasn't nervous. I literally just meant I'm not vulnerable at any point during the day and really would rather carry less weight...If I were to add extra weight to my wardrobe daily for emergency things I would be better served with a first aid kit on my person for my given situation.

I think that my statement is just meant what it meant but the point you are making by using it is a good one too which I agree with...just the fact that I was quoted and people were getting on you made me feel like, "whoa I didn't do anything".

I appreciate it and feel better...just wasn't sure how you were approaching my comment. If you were critiquing or commending it or just using it...funny how words can mean different things when they were just meant to mean something so simple...Why I cut lawns and I'm not a politician!

I really appreciate your clarification. Didn't want to be in the middle of something. I was worried that I made a simple comment about being a sweaty animal who doesn't carry because of it in a political thread and next thing everyone on the site would be all over me. Haha. I wasn't meaning anything and just got worried I would be misunderstood. Just wanted to understand how you were referencing my comment that was quoted and clear my name.

I appreciate the clarification man and feel better...thank you. All my best!

6. getdown

from Florida

Thanks guys...fresh cut and birdseed. I appreciate your kindness, clarification and responses. See you around the message boards brothers.

7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I would tell anyone: Learn aikido.

8. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

Wish i had time. Its an awesome art.
    Posted via Mobile Device