How many of you leave your equip outside uncovered during the off season?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michigangrass, Apr 21, 2003.

1. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

I just had to ask because there is an lco a couple of miles from me that I can't help but watch every time I drive by. His Exmark has been sitting on the trailer all winter uncovered. The only time it was covered was when it was covered with snow.
    It's finally off the trailer but now its sitting in the rain and dirt with a flat.
    It just amazes me sometimes that someone can spend that kind of cash and leave the"core" to his business sitting out while his boat sits in the garage.
    I know it's none of my business but I can't help but stare and laugh every time I drive by.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, whereabouts are you at? There's a guy over here that does that, too. It sits out in the rain all the time, too.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

This is another one of the many reasons I opted to buy an enclosed trailer rather than an open trailer. My equipment is always inside unless I'm using it.

dsc00141.jpg

4. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I have a barn with a dirt floor that my gear goes in every night, or at least stays on the trailer under a "temporary garage" canopy with sides........ for the winter, my toys went in a friends garage.... all nice and cozy and dry:D (with the exception of the BP blower, which stayed here.... works great with light snows)

5. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

looks like you have ghosts in your picture

6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I do, but we really don't have an "offseason" here.

7. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

Where are the ghosts?

8. The Toro 580-D has never been in the garage. I have a 28' x 40' garage but the mower's too tall. It must be 9' with the wings folded. It sat out by the road all winter. It had little pebbles all over it this spring from the snow plow. I really hate leaving it out. The paint really fades fast. :(

Dave

9. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

the white swirls in the upper right corner always freaks me out when i see ghosts in pictures. the camera for some reason can see them when u cant

10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

It was sprinkling when I took the picture. The flash must have frozen some rain drops. Only think I can think of I checked and the lens is clean.