How many of you offer financing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by newleaflandscape, Dec 21, 2003.

1. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering how many of you guys are offering financing now. Wondered who you use and what kind of rates you can get for your customers. Thinking of jumping into that to provide a conveniance to some of my customers. Any other thoughts would be appreciated as well.
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I had a guy ask if I took visa cards and I told him yes, and I'll give it back as soon as he paid me! I don't know if it would be worth it, the banks have a hard enough time with collecting from deadbeats. Its not worth opening that can of worms for me.
    But if you do it keep everyone posted it could be interesting.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I consider my finanical program as: pay by the dute date or you will be charged.
  4. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

The bank is not in the lawn business and I'm not in the banking business. No way, no how will I finance. The monthly invoice is mailed on the 1st payment due by the 15th.
  5. The local New Holland dealer isn't a bank but they sure are happy to provide financing. You might be able to work out something with your bank; like you sell their financing maybe. Interesting idea.
  6. newleaflandscape

Thats what I am talking about hooking the customer up with a bank for financing, but I would like to find one place to put all my customers through.
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We use our bank, send the customer to them, and the bank takes care of the rest. If they need a loan, the bank will take care of it WAC, of course. The other thing our bank does for us is to set up automatic debits to clients checking / savings /owner -builder loan accounts.This way , they are committed to paying X $'s on X day each month automatically.No more sob stories about, "I forgot", "lost the invoice", etc..If they bounce a payment, the bank has a vested interest, and WILL collect.JMO....
  8. newleaflandscape

That sounds pretty cool. I have been going though options with my bank, but wondered if there is any institutions out there specificly for landscape financing. I heard John Deere is in the mist of somthing along those lines for Landscape Contractors.