How many of you schedule regular mowing on Saturday.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slebeau20, Jan 21, 2006.

1. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

I was wondering how many schedule lawns on Saturday. Personally I leave Saturday as a back up day. With the weather in the Midwest I would be in trouble if I scheduled lawns Monday thru Saturday. Plus this gives me the whole weekend for the most part with my family. I did not have that when I was working retail for six years.

2. ArkansasLawns

ArkansasLawns LawnSite Member

I like to leave Sat. for rain out or makeup day. This also leaves that day open in case I have had a special request during the week that I can do then.

I do, however, have one yard that is every other Sat. Only one scheduled because I never know if she will need extra work done. If I just do a normal day I can count on three hours. She is my best paying account. Its the hardest yard in terms of edging and trimming. The flower bed up keep is out of this world. She likes to be out there helping me, not looking over my shoulder. Very active in her yard. Always checks to see if I need something to drink, tells me to take a break, etc. Its a great relationship. I have gotten a few GREAT referrals from her also.

She is one of these rare customers that understands that I care for her yard like I would care for my own. Thus, great tipper for any extra work. The Christmas bonus is very surprising.

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have 4 schools that get mowed on Saturday and part of Sunday when school is in session.

They're 3 elementary schools and 1 Jr. High, so it's MUCH easier to mow on the weekend, than try to work around all the different times for recess, phy ed, etc.

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I use Saturday as a catch up day if there was a rainy week or some how I got behind. I leave sunday open for rest.

5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I use Saturday also for catchup day. I have 2 today and one very large one tommorow. Taking care of my dads estate affairs has eat up a lot of time in the past 3 weeks.

6. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I work Sautrudays most of the time. 40-plus rule you know?

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Saturday is for makeup and/or equipment maintenance.

8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Saturaday ONLY if we have too, otherwise Saturday is my day. Sunday I do repairs and Miantenance

9. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

ditto above plus....

When everyone is home on saturdays they all come out to BS and it eats up a lot of time. I find it much faster when most people are at work or out during the week.

10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Saturday is commercial and hedges mulch. Same as Sunday during the season.