1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many of you use box trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by The landscaper, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Here are a couple of pics. This is a standard wheel base dodge. We can fit one 60" chopper, 36" walk-behind, and a push mower on the bed. It has a 9' deck and 4' dovetail.

2. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf LawnSite Senior Member

Nice looking set ups Lawnworks.
  3. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the pics. Very nice setup with both trucks. I personally like the idea of a dually truck with a landscape bed on it.

The only thing I'm thinking is that it would probably not be a good idea to pull a trailer, if I decided that there was a need to pull the trailer, from the back of a landscape bed. Being that it would be so far behind the axle and very far away from the frame of the truck I would think that the bed would need to be strengthened quite a bit to do this? Any comments?
  4. Lawnworks

from usa

I just depends on what you are hauling. I don't think pulling a 7000 pound bobcat would be a good idea, but I pulled my ASV on a trailer behind it w/ no problems. That was about 5000-5500 pounds including the trailer.
  5. TLM

TLM LawnSite Member

I have a flat bed on a 4500HI, dumpping the bed and getting a 17' box in about 3 weeks!
    I will still keep the hitch to pull my 7 ton dump trailer.
    22500 GVW hell yes!!
  6. Lawnworks

from usa

4500HI? What is that? Any pics? How much for the box?
  7. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga