How many of you use the CHUTE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, May 3, 2004.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

So how many of you actually use the chute on your mowers? We take them off and chuck them as soon as we get a mower. We personaly dont like the grass being directed straight down. It leaves a mess and doesnt dispurse evenly across the lawn.

2. Lawnalternatives

Lawnalternatives LawnSite Member

EZ Chute (OCDC)

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

The factory chute is the first thing to come off. I use the Quikchute in its place.

4. ProStreetCamaro

Where can you get the Quickchute?

5. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I took the chute of as soon as I got my Z

6. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Why take them off? What if you need them on a highly landscaped area. I use mine a couple times a week for a mintute. BUT why take them off??

7. ProStreetCamaro

They do nothing but get in the way. On highly landscaped areas I make sure i blow away from the landscaping. Really all they are for is safety.

8. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I take mine off right away too. Dose a much better job of dispersing the leaves or grass. Theres just added responsibility when you take it off. You have to pay attention to whats on the side of you. It can be dangerous if you you don't pay attention. Plus If you leave them on, then you cant but on the bagger.

9. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

10. robin 2

robin 2 LawnSite Member

Do you guys know if your liability ins. will cover you if you shoot a rock through someone's window? Because the chute was not on.