How many of you work on Saturdays

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Andrew S, May 18, 2003.

1. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Know that the Bent is growing well I will be out Saturday and Sunday mornings mowing greens for an hour and a 1/2. Not that bad, sort of like being up early on the weekends.
  2. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

More Saturdays = morepayup
    Of course i do
  3. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

Don't know of anyone who would mow on Sun. to "get ahead"
  4. WildMowMan

WildMowMan LawnSite Member

it depends......I don't work every Sun. but if they're predicting major weather complications for the upcoming can bet your a**, that my a** is out there on Sun. to get a jump on it so I'm not backed up after the storm fighting to catch-up. I do a lot of design and installation projects not a lot of lawn accounts... at least if I get those outta the way, then that will leave me time to focus on other projects....some that can be done in bad weather......I don't mind rain if I can still make money doing other things but I'm not going to bother cutting lawns when they're wet. Even 1/2 a day would get me far enough ahead if need be.......
  5. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday .... whatever .... its just another day to make money.

I like working on the weekends because their is less people on the roads.
  6. WildMowMan

WildMowMan LawnSite Member

.....and the gas stations and the deli's and the parking lots and the D.O.T's..........I hear ya man......make that $$$$$!!!payup :laugh: :D
  7. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

I don't work Saturdays because it's the Sabbath, but I'll work all day on Sunday, the first day of the week!
  8. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

We work saturdays half of the time. Not always mowing. Only mow when we get rained out on a thursday or friday and don't have a chance to make it up. Usually its landscaping. 7:30am-2:00pm usually.
  9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I schedule lawns to be cut Monday to Friday and use Saturday as a rain day . I also do hedges and fertilizations on weekends.
  10. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I work almost every Saturday and Sunday that it does not rain. I still work a 7-3:30 job, so I need the weekends to catchup with my 40 hrs of mowing. I like to mow all my commercials then because there are no vehicles or people to deal with.