How many of you would buy a mower/blower hybrid?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr. Magpie, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Mr. Magpie

Mr. Magpie LawnSite Senior Member

Picture this: Everything is done on the property, you just finished mowing with your ZTR, you turn off the blade, flip a switch, gun the throttle and none other than Hurricane Andrew stops by your property and wisks away all the debris to the next zip code!

Well, maybe not, but a ~24HP blower duct near thee bottom of your mower, which is powered by the on-board motor, can be used to blow off your property in a matter of seconds.

Why, oh why, doesn't this exist? How many of you would spend an extra $1,000.00 or so to have a built in blower on your mower? Let's start petitioning the companies to look into this...... OR, has it already been made???

2. Mr. Magpie

3. davhul

davhul LawnSite Member
    from Gray,Ga

4. Mr. Magpie

5. davhul

davhul LawnSite Member
    from Gray,Ga

It connects to the drive shaft from the pto.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Why don't you just use the blades on your deck??

Just drive up on the driveway and turn the blades on??

Depending on which way the wind is blowing, you'll have to drive forwards or backwards.

I do this on all my commercial accounts, along the curb lines. Just turn the blades on, drive about 3" from the curb, everything gets blown back over the curb into the grass.

7. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

What I have found with doing this is depending on the condition of the pavement or particularly asphalt, this can be pretty tough on the cutting edge of the blades.

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I do the same thing in alot of cases, as for the blades they are going to get repalced with sharp ones at the end of the day anyway......

I have found that my Stander clears debris better while moving backwards.

Finally, another great advantage to the Stander is that I can ride the mower with my BP blower on and use the blades and the blower to really clear things quickly.....

Derek

9. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I have done it as well but after tearing up the blades pretty good a few times I try to only do it now if it is my last property of the day.

10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Walker makes one .... but in reality how effective is it gonna be on yards .... one large parking lots or doing road way stuff maybe