How many of you young guys have commercial accounts?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Mar 30, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I know age can be a tough factor to fight through when getting business, let alone commercial accounts.
    How many of you 18-21 year olds have commercial(TRUE, WRITTEN CONTRACTS) for commercial properties? Family member or friend connections dont count.

2. growitmowitlawncare

growitmowitlawncare LawnSite Member

My first year in the business and I am taking care of the Applebees in town. And I am still waiting on the final decisions on others. You just have to get out there and talk to people at the properties and do all the right things.

3. CrimsonLawnCare

CrimsonLawnCare LawnSite Member

this is my seond year in the business and i picked up a firestone.. and im at bidding on three castle banks and 3 national city banks right now :)

4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Are the small franchises like apple bees and firestone on year round "set in stone" contracts? Do they guarantee winter work also? I have plenty of small businesses I can target but I didnt think that these type of places would agree to the year contracts.

5. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

About 80% of my contracts are commercial accounts. I have never lost a commercial account, most of them dont even accept new bids at the begining of the season and those that do end up staying with me.