How many of you

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GardenDoorNW, Dec 3, 2006.

1. GardenDoorNW

GardenDoorNW LawnSite Member

How many of you started out using only the bed of your truck without a trailer?

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Here Ye....
    I started out shoveling drives when I was 15, then used a dakota when I was 16 and now(2years later) have a 2000 F350 Dump and a 2006 2500HD and 2005 20ft Trailer

3. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Started out out of the bed of my truck and now on my second trailer may go enclosed in a year or so! I started out doing a neighbor a favor [ her lawn guy dissapeared] and now have 18 accts p/t. hope to get a commercial in the spring. Gonna go full time in a year!!

4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I think alot of us started out this way. I remember having to bag lawns and all i had was my truck and tractor. I would put the grass towards the cab of the truck and to get my tractor in the front of the tractor would be facing the sky. :waving:

5. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Yes. Some have built beds designed just such a thing.

6. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

yup stationwagon

7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

right here a chevy 1/2 ton with our dads john deere riding mower and we didnt even have ramps we just got husky and beasted it up into the bed

8. Youngbeginner

Youngbeginner LawnSite Member

Started with just a 1/2 ton, then bought a 18+3 trailer, then had to use S-10 as well. Growth is quick. Can't wait to have a 1 ton next year.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I didnt start like this but i have done it now. Its nice when you are on a busy street. I still do have a trailer and use it time to time.

10. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

try the trunk of a 2 door car with only the front end of the mower in the trunk! (dont worry i had it strapped down)
    thank god for fold down back seats! otherwise the weed whacker never would hav fit..it probably would have to ride shotgun haha