1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how many of you....

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by outcold00, Apr 8, 2007.

1. outcold00

outcold00 LawnSite Member

have mulch delivered by the mulch company, and how many have trucks and trailers that do it? if theres away to set a poll, please let me know.
  2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

You make a pole when you make the post. Most of us bring it ourselves.
  3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

i use to pick it all up for my jobs but not anymore to much wear and tear on the trailer/truck and just all around a big waste of time and time is money so no thanks. unless its only a couple yards i will pick it up but anything over 3yds ill get it delivered
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Anything seven yards and under, I use my 10K trailer. Over seven yards, I have them bring me at least ten since that gives me free delivery.:)
  5. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of you dump it out of your own truck and how many fill wheel barrows from the back of the truck?
  6. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I buy bagged mulch 5yds per pallet
  7. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

We use dumptrucks

Most of the landscapers i deal with at the garden center use trucks or trailers... very few have it delivered... between landscapers and homeowners we go through about 80 - 90 truck loads a year which is about 10,000 yards
  8. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

9. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

$35 really thats expencive for delivery were only $20
  10. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I dont have the means of bringing my own mulch to jobsites so I just get it delivered. I can call the store and have it delivered within an hour on most days and they charge like $20 for up to 12 yards delivered. This just gets added to the bill and I dont have to worry about having a trailer or picking anything up. Get about 100 yards a year delivered this way so not too much compared to some guys on here but it works out nicely