how many of you.....

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by outcold00, Apr 9, 2007.

1. outcold00

outcold00 LawnSite Member

prepare food at home for lunch for yourself, and how many go to like a wawa, or for people who dont know what a wawa is, like a subway, to get lunch for you, or you and your men? do you pay for lunch for your men or not? just wondering thx

2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

pack lunch work through lunch eat while we drive if were doing something other than mowing we take a lunch break.

3. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I usually pack a lunch, otherwise it will get expensive if your buyin 5 or 6 $ lunches 5 days a week
    Jake

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I ask my men to bring lunch every day. I will stop for something for myself or stop home to eat. I will buy lunch for them on some Saturdays, usually pizza or Chinese.

5. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

When I work with my guys, I bring lunch.Usually a can of cold Chef Boyardee.My guys laugh and call me a cheep skate.

6. Bueller

Bueller LawnSite Member

It can get a little expensive, but I am solo, and think about how many times that you have picked up an extra clean up while waiting for your sandwich, cuz someone saw your truck in the lot.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We will do the same thing by eating from job to job. Sure saves a lot of time and money.

8. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

PHEW! I hope you guys don't work on sundays :rolleyes: .

9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Pack a lunch. Depending on the area we are in, there maynot be any fast food places, only high class places. PLUS I dont want to go somewhere new where the crew has never been, only because everyones stomach acts different, I dont want them getting sick, or FARTING the ENTIRE rest of the day. So they pack a lunch since its cheaper, eaiser, and they make what they want, so obvisouly, hopefully they wouldnt make themselves sick.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The only consideration I have for packing lunch is money, but I usually don't.
    Wawa / Sheetz, Subway, McD's and Tacobell's dollar stuff, but I also like the mom & pop places.