How many of you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottb, Sep 30, 2000.

1. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you use only walkbehinds and why? And how big of a cut would use on a walkbehind or does it matter.

2. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

i have gone from a Front line 21" to a midsize 36" to a walker 42" why....i had to wait on some deals...or i would have started with the walker but i still own the 21"/36" never know when you'll need them ...they don't eat much and their paid for...

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Why walk when you can ride a Walker!! If I can't ride I don't mow it and I mow places now that I could never use my walk hehind mower on.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i started out my business about 2 yrs ago with a 48 inch scag with a 17hp kawisaki. the mower works out great and its a necesstiy to have. it fits into real tight places. i am currently looking at turf tigers and will probably purchase one in the spring. i think using just walk behind starts to get tiring after day after day of walking. like gene gls says. why walk when you can ride

5. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

So far only WB with sulkies. Will be getting a rider as soon as possible. They allow you to be more productive and you aren't as tired at the end of a day of work. There is a much larger expense, but I think it will be worth it. I will keep a WB unit around as a backup.

6. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

we use 3 walk behinds and a zero turn. Walk behinds for small yards and steep hills. Zero turn wont get everywhere so it will leave alot of trimming.