How many of your customers give you the green light

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mo Green, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a few customers that tell me to treat their yard as if it were my own. What I mean is, I charge them a normal weekly rate for the usually mow and go, and do any additional work as I see fit. Things like: trimming bushes, trimming ivy, leaf clean up, pruning, ect, ect. Once I complete the work, I give them a bill and they pay it. They seem to enjoy the fact that their entire lawn is taken care of and they dont have to worry about it. And I've yet to have one of them question what I have done, or stiff me.

Anyone else have customers like this?

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really, because most of the customers signed up on a full service account..

$190 a month which gives them everything a commercial account would require..

3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Actually most all of out high end homes and vacation homes give us a blank check. But then again, we take good care of them and have for several years. They trust us. When we pick up a new customer we have plenty of references for them to talk to.

4. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

This is exactly where I am at in my business right now. I dont even need a phone anymore. I see something which needs to be done, I do it.

5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a full service company its ether all or nothing . I cut 2 days a week and maintenance 3 days .
    I bill like this cuts are on a year contract billed ones a month.
    fertilizing is a contract to be payed in full in march.
    maintenance is a contract to be payed by the month or week.
    all landscaping work is a contract to be payed half down and the other half when complete

6. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Carte Blanche accounts are the best. Usually they average 10% or so of your biz.

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Full service is the only way to go. :)

8. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have four customers that give me the "Green Light". Anything that is not covered in the contract is up to me to keep up, such as fence repair, sprinkler repair, and painting iron fences and more. All they care about is that everything is maintained. They pay with no questions asked. Once in awhile they will call with something that needs fixed and I take care of it as soon as I can.
    twwlawn

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We have many clients like this as well. We have never had any problems with communication or payments. They like to know everything is accounted for and seen to as needed, when needed. Carte Blanche service is a sign of trust and respect for the quality of work you do, IMO..

10. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Full service account with a monthly summary of the work you did and any problems you encounter..

This is the professional way to do it, not just show up and just do whatever you please..