1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

how many of your customers have you never met?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by noseha, Sep 23, 2006.

1. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I was just wondering, how many of you have met all of your customers face to face? I have been mowing the majority of my client list for 4 years, I've added 25% to my customer list just this year. I only know about 60% of the people I work for. Some I've never even spoke to in person, only phone tag. I mow in a resort town, a lot of part timers.:eek:

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We probably have 6 or 7 we have never met in person over the years. One of them in mind is a couple that lives in Manhattan and comes out on the weekend only (5500 square foot house on 8 acres, gotta love it) only in America.

Not a problem with me just as long as the checks are there every month.

3. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

the best ones are the ones you never meet. as long as they send the check, that's an ideal situation imo.

4. noseha

from MI

YES , I LOVE THE CUS. THAT NEVER ASK FOR A PRICE! A LOT OF THEM ''JUST DO IT '' AND SEND ME THE BILL! I HAVE ONLY LOST ONE CUS. TO PRICING MY FIRST ONE.:laugh:

5. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a few that I have never met. Works for me as long as they pay the bill

6. noseha

from MI

All My Cus. Pay Me Thats Not The Issue! 40% I Haven't Met!

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Say 30% i have never met i like it that way .

8. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

I have about 8 - 9 customers that I never met

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

There have been a few over the years, but eventually we have met. Right now we only have one customer, he is living in West Virginia, working on trying to sell his parents house in PA.

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i've met all of them but i rarely ever see any of them. how do you all not know your customers? don't you give person to person estimates or how do you do it?