How many on here run Gravelys mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drains, Mar 24, 2008.

1. drains

drains LawnSite Member

Seriously looking to buy a Gravely 252xdz. Need input on qualiy of cut and reliabilty. The mower seems solid but I dont see that many around here. A couple were actually for sale but were worn out and overpriced. Grasshopper is big here and Scag but both are very pricey and the dealer wont budge. I have a demo scheduled at a Gravely dealer in the next county over from me for this weekend. Would like to hear other opinions on this brand. Thanks

2. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

I have 2 144's, the old one has about 1500 hr, with a 17hp Kaw. and the new one has the XZD with a 21hp kaw. I like the old one better the XZD throws more dirt out in frount of you, both has a real good cut, I like them both.

3. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Gravely pro150 36" wb w/12.5 kawi that i use for my accounts backyards and its a great mower

4. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I have a couple of them. Great cut and the Kaw engines are reliable. My only complaint is that if you need a part that has to be ordered, you better have a backup machine. It took a little over a month to get a blade clutch last season, thankfully the mower was under warranty and my dealer gave me a loaner.

5. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

Try Texas mower parts

http://www.lawnsite.com/buttons/jump.php?id=texasmower

6. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

i have a 252z ... the absolute best mower i've ever owned... i also have an Exmark and would rather use the Gravely 2-1.

7. drains

drains LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies, anybody else?

8. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

A friend of mine has a 36 inch Gravley walkbehind and had the same problem. His mower needed repair and it took two weeks before he got it back. He had to use mine in place.

The Gravley seems like a nice mower, fires up on one easy pull. Cant stand the belt drive though.

9. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I can tell you as a large Gravely dealer, we have no problems getting parts. Any of you that are having problems give me a call and we can drop ship your parts from Gravely same day.

10. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

I love my gravely 52/17 hydro walkbehind. It is one of the best built mowers out there.