how many partners is to many?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by hole in one 2, Jan 27, 2003.

1. hole in one 2

hole in one 2 LawnSite Member

what's youre oppinions on how many people should go into the business together? especially the first year.
  2. my answer would be how many less friends do you want, I have not seen many work out.
  3. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

I have had it work out before. The benefit I enjoyed the most is the different strengths we had. My weakness was his strength and via versa.

The warning people often give is for good reason. One of the main reasons people go into business is they like to do things their own way. With a partner you have to listen to your partner and compormise. If you are not willing or your partner is not willing to really listen and sometimes give in then you don't want to have a partner. Go it alone.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

how many partners is to many? ONE---Any partner is too many.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

my thoughts exactly...I was going to team up with someone this past year, but I didn't like the way he handled his LCO. He thought that he was on the cutting edge of everything, but in fact he was light years behind. I knew that if I took him aboard it would just slow everything to a snails pace and our quality of work and personal attention that we give our customers would be damaged.
  6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

One partner is too many, as that makes two bosses. Do ya wanna mow, or do ya wanna argue over who does what?
  7. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on you. If the partnership is well defined and the roles are clear cut it will work. If not, your in trouble. Remember, if its written you have a prayer, if its verbal its only air. Good Luck
  8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

I agree with 65hoss, one partner is too many. You might need a employee but never a partner.
  9. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Why would you want a partner?? Financial reasons??? If that is the case, pull out a loan, and hire someone knowledgeable in the areas you are lacking.
  10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Why in the world would anyone want a partner?:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Sharing profits...don't think so.:nono: :nono: :nono: