How Many People Do This Full Time? How Many People Do This Part Time?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KcLawnServices, Jan 23, 2006.

1. KcLawnServices

KcLawnServices LawnSite Member

Hey just wanted to know how many people do this full time..If you do this full time how many accounts do you have?

Part time how many do you have ?

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well here's a question that gets asked every 2 weeks on here... :p

I do this full time! Can't you tell? It's the middle of the afternoon on a monday and I'm home and sitting in front of the computer! Ahhhh, winter!

I have about 70 or so accounts. I added the square footage up once and got a ballpark number of like a million+ sq. feet of grass a week. (I forget now what it was exactly)

3. cuttingmaniac22

cuttingmaniac22 LawnSite Member

Wow, talk about some cash, jeeze good job man!

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Full-time, even during the winter I keep the guys on the clock with 30-40 hours/ week.

5. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Going full time this year. I only have 8 accounts, but approximaltey 100 different homes.

6. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

Full time.

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I do about 5 accounts now on a part time basis. I am a freshman in high school, and I help my dad farm about 350 acres of wheat and row crops. This summer I will get my un-restricted drivers license, so I would like to be doing 10 to maybe 15 by mid- summer, but I think that will be all I can handle to do that many.

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Full time also alot of people think winter is slow but we stay busy year round not as much but busy.

9. cuttingmaniac22

cuttingmaniac22 LawnSite Member

I am only part time, beings i am still in highschool it is kinda hard to be full time!!!

10. ftw_lawncareguy

ftw_lawncareguy LawnSite Member

fulltime here 50+ accounts being winter im still real busy because da dum leafs i was wondering do ya charge by the trash bag or hourly beacuse i did this house and no lie i did over 200 trash bags i charged dem $20hr x 2?