How many people on here actually have a REAL business?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, May 21, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Seems like all the new people on here as well as a few old members ask the same questions all the time. They post a list of all their equipment ( which most of it makes them look like a fly by night opperation) and they claim that they are commercial. Come on who are they trying to kid.

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

You! Did ya fall for it?

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

...it's all about the Beer Money!

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Come to NJ and you can decide for yourself what you think of my company...

5. tailoredlook

tailoredlook LawnSite Member

Are you calling me not a real company. I pay my taxes. Oh wait a minute, because I don't employ 300 Mexicans and I'm not a million dollars in debt that makes me fly by night. Well you can kiss my grass pal.

6. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I'm incorporated and insured. I guess that makes me "real".

I posted a list of the equipment I use because when I started out, I was always curious what everyone else was using. I found it interesting and kind of helpful to see what they had listed. It also helps to understand a little bit about how some people are running their businesses.

Either way, I think most people on here only have about 5 people that they actually listen to. I guess I'm not on your list. I'll live.

7. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

My company is anything but fly by night, and man if you want to compare some of the kids and idiots, to all of the guys on here I would just shut my freakin mouth. you have some inferiority issues. get off your high horse and share knowledge like the rest of us.

8. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

I dont know about anyone else but Fly by nights dont spend Thousands on equipment , Maybe we are proud of what we have accomplished .. Im proud of what i bought cause i was able to lay cash down on it , Between mowers and Trailers . Just added a 2nd trailer to the fleet and buying a newer pickup this comming week, Right now i have 5,700 tied up in just equipment , Fly by nights are the idiots running around with ZTRs in the Pickup beds because their to damned stupid to buy a trailer and put tags and insurence on it , they would rather use boards to load equipment 15 times a day . They run with no insurence , They mow in friggen gully washer rain storms and run 35 mph cutting grass ..

9. Texas Mowem

Texas Mowem LawnSite Member
    from Texas

How many people on here actually have a REAL business?

Can you define "REAL business" :sleeping:

10. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not mowing part time while attending a tier 3 university, if that's what you mean....