How many people on this site are under 18?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wesley's Lawn, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

I was just woundering how many people on this site are under the age of 18. Im 17 and been doing this for 5 years, For the people who are how many of you deal with people thinking your out of your mind when u ask for profesional prices and just cause you are younger they think you dont know squat.

2. wilawns

wilawns LawnSite Member

i was under 18 till this last august but i know exactly what your talking about... people dont really like to hear that your makeing more than they are an hour.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm 17, i have had the problem with the "young so your stupid" type situation's before, I was trying to get an account with a man and he seemed to let age be a factor in the deal, so i ended up doing his neighbor's property and he casually strolled over nextdoor about a month later while i was working and asked if i would do his once "his mower broke;) " , Oddly enough he has been a customer for about 4 months now.:)

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i to am 17, been doing this for quite a few years. do a search, there was recently a thread with a poll that showed everyones age, there are also many threads that talk about being under 18 and being in this field

5. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Im 19 was that young just a few years ago in high school, now out mowing and going to school. Their are alot of young people on this site who actually know their stuff about the lawn care field but just like me at this age, we are all still in the learning process. :D
    But i guess at every age your learning something so :rolleyes:
    Matt

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

By looking at some of the questions and responses lately, I would say, more than you think.

7. I have a 19 year old nephew in our business. Im proud of him he sure has a passion for this business.He's going to school to learn turf management .He's been working with us since he was 13.

8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I'm 15 and have been dabbling in it some but going to get serious next year, am buying a business with a 2000 EXmark 48" TTHP, sulky and mulch kit, I'm going to make a bagger and I'm supposed to be getting a 38" John Deere w/b with sulky and mulch kit too soon. I have all the 2 cycle stuff already, Stihl FS80 trimmer, Kawasaki KRB400A BP blower, Echo HCR1500 hedge trimmers, Echo SRM2400SB split boom unit with hedge trimmer head. Have a LawnBoy already as well.
    I'm curious what you do with the van Wesley, I could get one for next to nothing from my parents who no longer need it. What is it good for vs. a pickup?
    Thanks,
    Eric

9. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

bushhogboy vans can act like a enclosed trailer but better in some situations!!! also wesley just curious how you got yuour hands on all that good equipment, by no means could i afford a big van like that, especially in addition to a truck and all that other equipment you have

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Mentally or physically?

Going to be a big differrence in totals if you factor in that. Ecspecially if you base it off some of the replies posted by "alleged mature businessmen". :rolleyes: