How many pick up their checks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Texas Mowem, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Texas Mowem

Texas Mowem LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Do you guys pick up your check from under the doormat or in the BBQ grill
  2. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I pick mine up at the US post office.
  3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

its a case to case basis. most are delivered by mail, but i have a few that leave them in strange place like you have. some are cash weekly cuz they insist they want to pay me each week. 1 time a lady left cash in an envelope in the mailbox.... stupid.
  4. LawnSite Senior Member

I invoice and they have 10 days to pay. If they run in and write the check and want to hand it to me that's fine. If they wanna give it to me the next time I'm there, that's fine, if t hey mail it, fine too. As long as they are paying lol.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Some customers like to do it differently. Some weekly, some monthly, some like to pay for the month in advance. Dosent matter, I keep track of each.
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have a few that pay me, but i dont do the doormat thing anymore, its too easy to forget. I prefer the mail.
  7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I make all my customers pay me :waving:
  8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

interesting you mention this. i have a new client, his payment was due on the 20th. i cut the grass, then called and b#tched him out. he said he left a check under the matt, it's been there for days, why didn't i take it? i said, duhhhh, i aint the paperboy, mail it like you're supposed to. i STRONGLY OBJECT to this, "i'll leave it in the mailbox, or leave it in the grill crap"
  9. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

If neighbors start seeing me grab money from under door mats, they might start taking the payment for themselves... either you mail it, or you hand it to me before I leave the job.
  10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

100% in agreement with this Bobby the other thing they try is to leave out sales tax. I don't play that game if I have to pay mine then they have to pay theirs.