How many snake casualties?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, May 22, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

I've now hit 2 small snakes ( about 2 inch in diameter and 12-16 inches ) each, with my trimmer. Both were near the side of the house of residents that let their grass get too high. I was really sad that it happened. I'm not a total snake lover but I like most all animals and have a turtle. It haunted me for the rest of the day as I know it took it a while to die. :cry:

2. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

couple days ago i was mowing a residential yard and must have rode over a small hole in the ground because a little rabbit jumped out and i ran him right over. i felt HORRIBLE and it put it in the shade to die. that incident haunted me all day i couldnt stop thinkin about it. its too bad

3. workinallthetime

workinallthetime LawnSite Member

3 copper heads
    2 cotton mouths
    and who knows how many i mowed over
    that was since last tuesday.
    the only good snake is a dead snake, the copper heads were at a house with 3 small kids living next door.

4. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

All together with the crew we have hit only four. I was mowing next to a house and hit a big one, of course it flew out in a million peices and stuck all over the side of this white house...it wasn't fun cleaning it up!

5. green-pa

It's ironic u mention that in a way. My girlfriend and I just found a baby bunny at this put-put golf course. A cat had already cornered it under a bush and was playing with it. I saved it for her. I knew it probably couldn't be saved without it's mother. She pleaded with me. So I let her have it and got it for her. It died in like 36 hours. Not sure if it was from the cat doing damage to it, missing it's mother, or too much milk mixture we fed it. That was just yesterday we buried it. Yeah, it's sad. Poor little animals. :cry:

6. green-pa

Yeah. I wouldn't feel bad about those since they are poisoness and especially since they were living near kids. I just hate seeing harmless animals killed for no good reason.

7. skinnydogz

skinnydogz LawnSite Member

Lawnmower 1
    Weedeater 1
    Snakes 0

My mowers and weedeaters seem to have the better score

8. green-pa

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

sounds like you have them as bad as we do.....

I still have those fang marks on my leg

10. dannyboy20

dannyboy20 LawnSite Member

Yes the only good snake is a dead snake. Snakes serve no purpose except for scaring the s*** out of you because you dont see them until you are on top of them. I absoutely hate snakes.