how many solo's rent a building?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MATTHEW, Jun 23, 2001.

1. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

How many of you rent a building for equipment,or
    use your home space?

2. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 35x45 pole barn on my property.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I will be getting a shed on my property. I Priced garages in the area......10 by 10's were like 200 bucks a month!

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Matthew,
    I used my garage and my 10x12' shed for 8 years. Last year while I was still solo, I rented a portion of a building just a short walk from my house. I got 3 garages each big enough to park a 18' trailer in, 2 air conditioned offices,and a restroom for $265.00/mth. It also has a fenced lot to park trucks and trailers in. The thought of paying out over 3000.00/yr really made me nervous, but it is so close, and such a bargain that I could not turn it down. My wife is really happy to have the garage and backyard back useable again. It has turned out to be one of the best expenditures I have made in this business.

5. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

I rent an 18'*30' for $115/month. No power and no water (that sucks). Currently looking for a 25'*50' w/ power and water and have only found one that is $250/month. Will probably get the bigger one first of July or August.

6. XOFMOT

XOFMOT LawnSite Member

I have been wondering what I will be doing once I need to purchase a WB and various other equipment....I have really been thinking about going the ENCLOSED TRAILER route (It's a shop on wheels). At home I only have a detached 1 car garage, I keep my new truck in thier now.
    I like the idea of being able to unhook the trailer and your done, no unloading, putting stuff away and so forth.

I want to work out of my home, I do not want to have to travel to a shop to go get my equipment. I don't have enough property to build a large size "SHOP" (wish I did). So my thoughts for now are ENCLOSED TRAILER.

Good luck in making your choice!

7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We rent the shop from our parents barn and a dry/finished garage stall for storage. The local Storeage Mall wants $75 a month for a 10'x10 for 8 months and then $150 a month for the winter storage months. We give "Gamma n Pop-Pop" $100 a month for the convenience of their building.

Kris

8. I am not a solo

but I just baught a 6000 sf building on 2 acres fenced in
    all paved

I was in a barn on a farm but i hated bothring the farmer. Bad enough I barrow his trucks, tractors, and skid-loader

best tax right off yet but now I can have more securety and less bugs

what ever you do don't piss off your neghbors get a rented space or park all the way in the garage

I hate seein tailer parked in driveways with equipment on it

think about it this way you say take me I'm free to the theif
    your ins. co. will like that better too...........

well any ways have a nice rest of Sat. night BUD LIGHT Tast goooooooooood....................

9. i am in a similar predicament. however right now i got my trailer parked behind a deli. i dont pay for this. however when the gardens have to be weeded i have to do it. when the lot gets blown every week, they turn to me. and other small stuff. nothing large. they have a descent size area down below that i have to talk with them about soon. cause i have been doin stuff for these guys at their homes now. and i figure it would be nice to be able to keep my stuff right by the trailer. also i scratched my father's new car a couple of months ago with my big saw. so everything has to go.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Last month I found a storage unit that's 10'x20' for $125 per month. No electric, no water.
    Most storage facilities in area are around $225 an up per month and some have rules against gas storage and no "working" at unit.
    I can do pretty much whatever I want at my facility.
    The only down side is the distance. It's almost 20 minutes away.

Just saw an ad for a 30'x30' with electric and water for $300 a month. This is a great deal for the area, but it's too much for me right now.

Is it weird to dream at night about owning my own large shed? ;-)