How many still use the 2 stroke lawnboy 21 mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Busybee Lawns, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Busybee Lawns

Busybee Lawns LawnSite Member

I have 2 of the gold pro series. I like the cut,and also they mulch & Bag like nothing else out there.I use them mainly for mulching, and on hill sides or banks. I like The Motor bike sound of the engine. and the smoke!

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i do -have 15 of them

3. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Mowed for many years with lawn boy mowers and priced them for small res
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

I've used them for 40 yrs. The older 3.5 hp mowers seemed to have as much power as the newer 6.5 hp mowers.

5. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Was going to buy another one yesterday but, my dealer was selling it for $400.00 bucks w/o tax.

6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I ran one for a little while but could never get it to run the way I wanted it to. The RPM's would flutter up and down until you hit thick grass then it would flat line out. Just never seemed to have the power I wanted.

Then it went south and was hard to start and would start and run for 3 seconds and cut off. Brought it to a shop they charged me $75.00 to rebuild the carb and it still didn't run worth a crap. This mower was only a year or two old at this point. I would buy one again if I knew it wouldn't give me issues.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

you have to know how to trick out the carbs on the duraforce. otherwise avoid them. most powerfull lawn mower engine ever made when right

8. smallstripesnc

smallstripesnc LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 19 inch 2 stroke lawnboy its amazing! Starts easily, cuts great and mulches amazing! I don't have a bag for it. I wish I did but I know if I find one it'll be pricey.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We still have 3 brand new lawnboys never opened or touched. Wish we would have bought more.

10. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

i still have a gold series with electric start...good mowers