How many times do you stop ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Wright48, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

Ive got an issue going on my guys are always forgetting lunch or smokes or coffe so i stop maybe 2 times outside of lunch break. I just was wondering everyone elses policies on this topic ?

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

0 times. my guys bring lunch and don't smoke

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Just elect good crew leaders who are responsible with bringing their own water, food, smokes, etc. Any unnecessary stopping could be a verbal warning, written warning, or termination.

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

We stop two to three times a day. Gas station in morning, lunch, mid afternoon, and on the way back to the shop for a 12 pack. Being able to do this is one reason I love working for myself.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

+1 my guy's rather finish early.

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Who's driving the truck? From what you said you are driving. If that's the case then don't stop. They will get the hint real fast.

7. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

So if there's no stops then where and when do your guys go to the bathroom?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. IES

IES LawnSite Senior Member

DEPENDS.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I stop for lunch, materials, and fuel. Get it while you can. We will bring a cooler for drinks and if you need anything from the store your best bet is to bring it. We will also stop by Bojangles on Tuesday for a beakfast as I am already driving by it and that route starts earlier than the rest.

10. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Other than emergency ____ing your pants we don't usually stop because they forgot smokes. Plan ahead or be ridiculed.

Other wise we stop as needed to pee.

Mon, Tues, and Wed we do apartment complexes that have facilities at the office. Thurs we do two truck stops. The guys meet me at these job sites. So they have their own trans. If they want smokes or lunch early clock out and go deal with it.

Friday is the only day for residentials and I have one guy with me that day.

Unnecessary stops wastes a lot of time and they need to be made aware of that. It also wastes a lot of company money.
    Remind them that were they working at some place like Lowes or Wal Mart they have far far less freedom than working where they do.