1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many times have you had a sprinkler system come on while cutting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ATL Lawn, Apr 12, 2007.

1. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

It happened to me today, lucky i was 95% done with the small yard. but it was funny....
  2. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Feels good when it happens in the summer time...
  3. Po'_Boys

Po'_Boys LawnSite Member

I had it happen to me 102 degree weather. Best thing that ever happened to me while mowing(Or so it seemed at the time).
    I did an extra good job on the lawn so it would take a little longer:)
  4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

2 or 3 times I think. Most of my client's systems are programmed to come on in the early morning hours.
  5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I had it happen. The old guy did it on purpose, I came around the corner and he was at the control box laughing his azz off.

Next week I re-adjusted one of the rotors so it would soak his smoking chair on the porch. I'll bet sitting on that wet foam for a morning smoke had him thinking of me, laughing my azz off.:laugh:

I'll always one-up a joker.:jester:
  6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Not really all that often unless the irrigation program has been altered. My crews adhere to a pretty uniform schedule and they know what properties are serviced on what days.
    I have only had one real pita who kept changing the programmed times on his controller. After a couple of times of interference I got fed up with re-routing this one pita. Seems he was changing the program times.
    I don't think he was trying to mess with my guys, I just think he didn't understand a Hunter Pro-C controller.
  7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I just hired a helper and we are getting to the accounts a lot earlier and we had irrigation come on 4 properties this week.
  8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

At least once a season...:rolleyes:
  9. PhillyShells

PhillyShells LawnSite Member

System turned on a few times just as I was pulling up to the house but never while I was working. But I have been ambushed on a golf course quite a few times - on the fairways and while putting on greens they just pop on !
  10. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

twice on the same yard in the same week