How many unemployed start lawn biz?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Karl

That is the difference in Attitude between those who have either paid their dues and have a license or those who are working towards a license and those who think the world owes them a Living.

What the Cry Babies fail to realize is, If everyone has a license then Irrigation or Pesticide work would be just like Grass cutting and every fool would be doing it cheaper than the next jerk.

2. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder what people did before required licensing? Oh yes, they did quality work or went out of business. A license seems to build complacency and lowers the quality of work. I would prefer privately issued certification over government monopoly licensing. Why is it that in the fields with the least government involvement ( the computer industry) you found the most innovation and the lowest prices, while in those most heavily regulated (plumbing, electrical etc) you find high prices and little improvement?

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Tallrick

Your crying here is doing no good. I told you repeatedly THE LAW IS THE LAW and I or anyone else reading here don't make those laws. The world does not owe you a living or a Irrigation License.

My suggestion is to just do illegal installs until a Grass cutter break a pipe and the home owner calls a licensed irrigation contractor. He will pull As Build plans from the county to find there is not one and all Hell will break lose on you. I will then Laugh my ass off as I say I TOLD YOU SO.

4. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

Don't count on it, there are few records for properties older than 1974 due to a "fire" in the county records. By the way, I only have done installs on properties I OWN not for others. On one home I lived in in another county I went to the building department to ask for a permit to install a sprinkler system and they told me no permit was necessary.

5. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

ric sometimes i think i belong to the wrong generation.

dont get me wrong laws do suck but with out them what would this country be????

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

They vote and reproduce.