How many use Cub Cadet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bkdlawnCo, Jul 7, 2005.

1. bkdlawnCo

bkdlawnCo LawnSite Member

I was wondering how many,if any of you use the cub cadet zero turn mowers? if so how do you like them?

2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Cub Cadet Tank or the residential mower?

3. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Cub Cadet M60 Tank.....so far, it's like a tank----almost indestructible.

No problems at all.

4. bkdlawnCo

Ya the tanks look like sweet machine...anyone own a residential model zero turn by Cub Cadet?

5. Redd

Redd LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I have the Lesco float/fixed deck hydro walk behind which I believe is identical to the Cub Cadet...only difference I could find was the price..roughly $700 difference. You may want to look at the Lesco riders...may be the same as cubs as well, don't know. Maybe someone else on here knows for sure. I really like the hydro walk behind..has great cut and the hand controls are much better suited for me (push bar to go forward, pull back to go backwards...Much less fatigue on hands/wrists) hope this helps.

6. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

Yes, the Lesco Z's and the Cub Cadet Z's are the same, just that you'll likely pay more for the Cub Cadet (you may have better dealer support with Cub Cadet, though).

7. ulclawncare

ulclawncare LawnSite Member

I bought a Craftsman ZTR for $3000 and it's extremely productive and i haven't had a problem with it, if i were you i would consider it. Another thing i was looking at was the cub cadet z-wing ztr, which was very nice ( the z-wing has a folding deck to get through fences).

8. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Cub Cadet and Lesco, both made by Commercial Turf Products, owned by MTD.
    Most of my equipment is Cub Cadet. Very reliable so far. payup

9. bkdlawnCo

ya the good thing is that i have a cub cadet dealer 10 minutes from my house...thanks for the input on the cub cadet's tho,really considering buying one for next season...as long as the winter is good payup :)

10. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

bkdlawn, started my solo business 3 years ago with a Z-Force Cub 44 inch. with a 17 Briggs. I still use it on a couple of yards that I can't get the 48 Exmark into. It served me well. The first year that was the only mower I had, and I put over 400 hours on it. Serviced it myself regularly and kept blades sharp. I know that isn't many hours by commercial standards, but for a "homeowner" class mower I thought it did the job pretty well. Only major problem I have had was a weld on the deck broke through at about 375 hours. The air filter system is sorta small, so you have to keep buying those little filters pretty regular. Almost went with the Tank, but decided on the Exmark and haven't been disappointed at all with it. I think the Tank is a proven mower though.