1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many weeks in Florida (Contract)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nelson, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering If anybody that lives in Florida, can tell me how many times they put on a contract as far as visits?

I want to start this coming up spring to put any new customers on Yearly contracts. Just wondering what would be a good number?

I tried "Search", but nothing that really gave me any numbers.

Also I want to thank everybody on this site & Lawnsite itself for all the good Info. I am one of the fortunate ones who has been blessed with this website. I am sure that alot were not so blessed when they were starting thier Lawn Service. Thanks Again...................
  2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I myself only have contracts for St Augustine grasses that have some form of irrigation. These lots I figure 46 cuts a year. A well maintained lawn in the summer may have to be cut every four days.

Bahi grasses I do per cut.
  3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I base my mowing contracts on " up to 36 cuts per year". Anything over that is priced per cut. I personally don't put irrigated yards on contracts. I seem to come out better per cut on those. That's my opinion, for my area, others will vary.
  4. chicks-dig-lawn-guys

chicks-dig-lawn-guys LawnSite Member

My average amount of cuts on each lawn this year has been 28 with my own service. However, the guy I am working for bases his by so many cuts a month. Summer gets once a week while winter usually gets once a month. The spring and fall are usually 2 or 3 cuts. It's all in how the customer feels is right for them.
  5. No Sweat L/C

No Sweat L/C LawnSite Member

I usally average 42-44 cuts here in Central Florida. I cut weekly from April though Dec. In the winter I cut every-other week. Even just to make some tracks in the grass or mulch up some Oak leaves.
    I have gotten new accounts in the winter becouse some of the other guys don't cut as often in the winter or start every-other week in Oct.

I don't use contracts, I give all new accounts a written proposial of what they will get from my services. A good hand shake has always worked for me.
  6. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

I'm about 5 hours directly due west from you off of I-10. My residentials are 32 - 36 visits/yr, dependant upon the amount of trees.
  7. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

I base mine on 40 cuts per year. I cut every week April - October. Every other week November - March.

I am eliminating the per cut accounts, either by changing them to monthly or dropping them.
  8. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

My residentials are 22 visits. Most commercials are 30 + depending on their hot points.

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing: (42-40 visits each year)

Growing Season: April through October: Mowing of all turf areas once a week, with a mulching mower in varying patterns to minimize rutting, removal of 1/3 blade height.

Dormant Season: November through March: Mowing of all turf areas once every other week or as needed to maintain a neat overall appearance.
  10. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

On St Aug grass anywhere from 40 to 46 cuts. On Bahaia 30-36 cuts per year. When bidding allways ask how many cuts per year.:blob3: