How many were you crankin a week?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proenterprises, Oct 14, 2004.

1. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

First and foremost, this is not intended to be a pissing match, just informative as to capibilities and realistic goals based on hours, equipment and labor.

During the height of the season (june, july, august..etc) how many lawns were you doing a week?

This should give different perspectives and how work load can be managed.

DLCS likes this.
  2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

70 + per week.

3. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

Part-Time solo usually mon-fri maybe a sat, 30 yards + extras. Most of my mowing can usually be done in 4 days. Marc

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

How many you can do a week has little to do with production. If you're doing 200 1,000 sq ft properties right next to one another that have no trimming is it the same as doing 18 1/4 acre jobs that have tons of trimming and edging? Or if you're the kind of guy who doesn't mind skipping a little here and there or you don't want to bother with doing a cleanup cut (the 2nd of a double cut) will the guy who does do a great job everytime be as productive or get as many jobs done?

This constant "who's balls are bigger?" is second only to The Adventures of Bobby Gedd.

I do 30 a week, give or take. They range in size from 1,000 sq ft patches of weeds to multi million dollar estates. Now what does that tell you about what I do? Very little.

JB1 likes this.
  5. stizostedion_vitreum

stizostedion_vitreum LawnSite Member
    from ND

if I wasn't draggin these 10lb'rs around I could probably get a few more done. ;)

6. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I really depends on the size of the yards.
    My highest is 140 for 1 crew. They have stops where they do 10 - 3-5000 sq ft yards at one stop.
    Lowest is 54. They have 2 properties that each take most of one day.
    These are two man crews set up as efficiently as possible.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Total number of lawns means nothing to me...total square footage is the key issue. For us, that number is right around 9.5M

8. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

2 guys out doin 50-60 dollar acounnt are doin bout 90 lawns a week plus one big job that takes 5-6 hours its all good... we love the money from it cant really complain!!

9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We have 90 accounts. My brother and I can do them in 4 days. Cutting, trimming, and blowing. Now in the the thick of the growing season my customers are accustomed to getting cut twice in one week. That being said the yards that I cut on Monday are cut again on Friday. Then the following week they will be cut on Thursday. Saturday is the day for catch up for us. So if we have rain during the week Saturday is the day for second cuttings on the one route.

10. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

who cares how many properties u have like someone said .. u can have 100 small houses or 40 large properties. the real question and the only one that matters to see if u are successful is how much profit is going into your pocket a week