how many women here in landscaping

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by lakesregionscapes, Mar 3, 2006.

1. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

My wife is my partner. She runs one truck and I have the other. Alot of customers love to deal with her, whatever works!! About the only time we are "together" is leaf season. With that being said, It is still kinda of spotty seeing woman landscapers. We do landscape maintenance. Matt

2. lakesregionscapes

lakesregionscapes LawnSite Member

Wow! Lot's of responses...
    I love landcaping, all of it, but someone has to have that winter job, and my tolerance for stuffy offices is higher... :)
    I get to run equipment once the glow has worn off, and I have been used to put the guys to shame on the manual labor end ("you gonna let a woman make you look bad?" - work on the teenage male ego), but I am definately a lightweight...
    The bookwork Preciosion Lawns described is my bailiwick - along with nursery runs and planting - that farming background IS handy.

I think someday our daughter might take over the business, if vet school doen't hold her attention. At 11, she runs the rider like a true pro (just our yard though)

3. cha-chas plowing and lawn

cha-chas plowing and lawn LawnSite Member

my wife and myself our a team and love woking together it help,s that were on the same page:dancing:

4. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

My wife owns and operates our hydroseeding business. She is actually out in the field working, not setting behind a desk.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Can't wait till I find a wife to do that stuff for me.......God I hate doing Bid Spec. sheets, composing letters for spring and crap.

6. thes

thes LawnSite Member

My wife does the annual plantings, invoicing, bookkeeping, letters, research & website.....and is by my side throughout clean up season, backpack blower and all. It works for us.:cool2:

7. ally_jax

ally_jax LawnSite Member

I am the sole owner of Rent-A-Gardener, LLC and am female. I am a full service landscape/lawn maintenance company primarily servicing commercial, industrial and municipal customers. I have been in business for 7 years and am looking at possibly retiring in another year or two or maybe 5. LOL we'll see!!!!