1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how many yards do you mow??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by XxGroundControlxX, Jul 26, 2014.

1. XxGroundControlxX

XxGroundControlxX LawnSite Member

How many yards do you guys mow? And how many years have you been in business?and how many people do you have working for you?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

depends on the week could be 20 one 25 the next. It's irrelevant really. but i've been in business 3 years. I have no one working for me yet, I chose to focus on having nice new equipment and other stuff then try to hire someone at this point, plus I was waiting until I was working 7 days a week in the summer before I hire anyone and I'd say I have the customer base with roughly 20 accounts to actually need someone else's help....
  3. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Akron NY

I have 40 residential and a big retirement home. I do the home and 5 residential on Wednesdays and 35 on Thursdays all solo. And once a month I bring an extra guy to the retirement home to weedwack the 100+ trees in the far back of the complex. I been in field a little over 15 yrs
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Ill answer that in a slightly different way then you probably want. We mow 4,500 lawns per season. Oh and there's just 2 of us.
  5. rdfenn3

rdfenn3 LawnSite Member
    Male, from Akron NY

4500 accounts??
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. beatsworking

beatsworking LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

4,500 lawns = 4,500 cuts per season. Guess about 25 mowing weeks per season in Connecticut. 4,500/25 = 180(ish)
  7. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

He is just taking his lawns and estimating each x per month for whole year, how many cuts in all he will do this season on them, really a rough guess you can never estimate properly that way, due to weather etc.
  8. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Couple hundo
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

2 man crew, 105 lawns, about 35 hours per week.
  10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

250 +

More than 10 years

Currently 5
    Posted via Mobile Device