how many yards do you mow??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by XxGroundControlxX, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

1.5 years. 43 lawns. 1 part time guy part of the season, the rest of the time me.

2. StrokerTurbo7.3

StrokerTurbo7.3 LawnSite Member

71 weekly accounts and this is my 5th season. Just me and one other person full time mowing and a part time guy helping with landscaping.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. carltonbell1991

carltonbell1991 LawnSite Member

ive been mowing since I was 15. had about 14 yards when I was 15. got a late start this year and got about 12-13 yards but lost some. I just started a month ago.

4. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

Use to have 450 sold off a bunch this year 165 and hoping next year 120
    Went from 4 3 men cutting crews to 2 2 men cutting crews and 1 floater 4days of cutting
    Next year 4 guys to do 120 in 4 days is fine for me the money isn't there like it use to be for cutting

5. JeremyKuhn

JeremyKuhn LawnSite Senior Member

First year in business other than doing my neighbors yard and I'm at 15-20 accounts with just word of mouth and Craigslist. I would have to look to see what the exact number is but for part time it's ahead of what I expected this year.

6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

50 to 55 lawn cuts per week in 30-ish hrs with 2 employees (they do all the mowing). Ten years so far.

7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

You mow 35 lawn in one day by yourself?

8. southernturfpros

southernturfpros LawnSite Member

2nd season 64 weekly 15 biweekly. 62 are year round accounts. Part time help during growing season .
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

About 30yrs I guess, I cut back this year to around 50 properties a week. I take Mon and Fri off and I stopped working on the weekends. Me and my son. I even took a break from Lawnsite this season!