how many yards each day really for solo guys?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ncnurseryman, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ncnurseryman

ncnurseryman LawnSite Member

I see on the forum that a lot of guys here say that they do 15 to 25 yards per day. I only do this part time and all of my properties take at least an hour so based on those time and driving in between there would be no way I could ever do that many in one day. So are these people that do that many have nothing but postage stamp size lots that are all in a row or what. I mean solo guys not crews also.

2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I'm at 28 properties now. I do 7-10 a day. Usually done by 12:30-1. I could do more. I choose not to.

3. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

I do 10 two days and 11 the third and to work by 2 pm

4. ncnurseryman

So are they small properties? How much time on each on average?

5. ncnurseryman

Must be 30 minutes or less for each I guess. I wish mine were that fast :)

6. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Solo I'm usually at properties for about 45 minutes, and usually don't have a problem getting 10 done in a day comfortably
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Goldendog

Goldendog LawnSite Member

Most I have ever done in one day is 15 with three of them all next to each other. Average 7-10. Most yards a 1/2 acre plus. I have a couple between 1 and 2 acres. Drive time alone don't think I could get many more done in a day.

8. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yeah about 12-18, but mine are all small, not side by side but within the same town. 20-30 minutes a house.

9. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

30 minutes on average. There's no rush, though. If I want to trim slowly I trim slowly. I used to go 100 miles an hour all the time. No need for that.

10. ncnurseryman

What about using a ztr verses a walk behind. I currently use a toro pro line 44". I have heard that a ztr can cut a job time in half.