How many yards of concrete

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by bigviclbi, Apr 9, 2007.

1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

How many yards of concrete to pour a 12x12 slab 6" thick for a hottub. I've only done two and they were 8x8 and used bags, and i know that was probably more expensive. Anyone in NJ tell me how much they would charge for this, how much a yard($100?), how much for delivery? How long do I get the truck for? I will only need to move the concrete about 30 feet. Thanks for all the information.

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

hmm call your local redi mix plant. All those questions vary depending on the plant.

3. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats almost 4 Tons or 2.66 yards. Clayton Charges $100 bucks fuel surcharge on ANYTHING until further notice. Not sure what their per CY charge is but I get notices mailed to me monthy and their prices went up several dollars per CY since December 06. Better price it good, or just go rent a mixer from Home Depot. (I own my own and love it)

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

1 yard of concrete covers 80sq' 4" thick.

5. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Clayton charges me 100 for delivery total, that's what you mean right? It used to be 70, then jumped to 90, 100 is still a great deal to deliver 20 tons of roadstone. i'll call tomorrow, just trying to get some idea. thanks!

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

They charge $88 per yard for concrete around here with fiber in it.

7. hollywoodjoe

hollywoodjoe LawnSite Member

What are you building a skyscraper foundation?$ 4" with rebar and heavy mesh will hold alot of weight,and i thought i overbuilt things.

8. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

4 inches in Jersey would crack in one season.

9. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

10. CJO

CJO LawnSite Member

Just multiply 12 x 12 x 0.5, which gives you the cubic feet of concrete and divide by 27 to change it to 2.67 cubic yards. Order 3 yards for shrinkage/waste/etc.

CJ