how many yards of mulch per year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodney, Feb 3, 2002.

1. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

how much mulch did you put down last year ?

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i work solo. i put down about 110 yds.

3. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

We installed around 700 yards or so.

4. Couple of years ago I had a factory insist that I do their beds or loose the contract.
    I sold them on 25 tons of landscape stone.
    Next year, back to zero mulch.

Dave

stone.jpg

5. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

david do you have any more pics of the stone ?
    what do you plant in them ?
    that would be a good sales pitch .
    whats in the top left corner is it rocks ?

6. This part has no bed edging. The grass is starting to intrude. I'll straighten the edge with some roundup this spring. The stone's all 4" deep with underlayment. Either rubber roofing material or landscape fabric, depending on the application. Rubber up against walls etc. Fabric for trees & woody ornamentals. This is a permanent installation.

What you see in the other pic at the top in the center is a flower bed at the base of two pillars. Top left is a mulched shrub bed that "they will maintain" (I'm still spraying the thistles)

I guess mulch has it's place. It just shouldn't be everyplace. These landscapes are difficult and expensive to maintain without designing high maintenance items right in.

Thanks for asking about my job. I guess you could tell I'm as proud as a new daddy!

Dave

7. The pic didn't load.

outside wall stone.jpg

8. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I put down about 100 yds of mulch last year using a 10 cu. ft. cart that I made a hitch for and tow with my walk-behind. If I had a Finn bark blower, I could probably get as many mulch jobs as I wanted, there seems to be a high demand in my area. I shy away from them now with my current equipment because it takes me too long.

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Solo- 150 yards a year. Great off-season work. Mindless work, which is why I'm so good at it.

LAWNS AND MOWER

10. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

we put down approx. 1700 yards of double ground, 400 yards of cedar/ hemlock blend, and 400 yards of red dyed.