1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How many yards?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Austin, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Austin

Austin LawnSite Member
    from TN

I wil be working by myself this summer and was wondering how many yards i should attempt to get? I'm just doing mowing and trimming..
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

how many days a week do u wanna work? what kind of equip? physical status? how much do u like the field? how much do u depend on the money? we need a lot more info. also did u do a search?
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Your question is way too vague as stslawncare said. Need more info b4 we can give you any advice.
  4. tpl

tpl LawnSite Member

I haven't turned down a job in three years. If I don't want it, then I price it high. If I get it, it is worth the overtime. If you get ovewhelmed, sell it or call the client with a number to another company.

It is not how many do I need, it is how much time do I want to spend selling myself to others.

BGRANT LawnSite Member

It doesn't really matter how many lawns you have.
    What really matters is how much money you make.
    Good luck
    Brian Grant. :blob1:
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Really vague, how big will the yards be? What do you use for equipment. How much overhead will you have? Do you do add on services? Travel time between jobs.

Your question is one of the reasons that this forum is here but you do have to do some homework to get some answers.

Even with all those answers, it is hard to know how many yards.
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Mow Ed pretty much dialed this question in a bit, for helpful info. Also, What color are your mowers?
  9. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

10. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member